Peonies are the most trendy flowers included in today’s arrangements. They are sweetly scented and relatively inexpensive. Their bulbs are large and their colors range from white to coral. They can be paired beautifully with many accent colors. Peonies are a sophisticated alternative to the rose. Peonies bloom in May and June, making them the perfect choice for your outdoor wedding. Here are five wedding themes that peonies compliment perfectly.
1. French Garden – French garden decor incorporates blue and green pastels with soft grey hues for a classic French look. Light pink peonies are a perfect way to maintain continuity with the pastels while introducing another color for added interest.
2. Classic Nautical – Nautical decor mixes neutral tones of navy blue, white, and tan for a classic look. Incorporating magenta or coral peonies add a bold punch of color to your decor while light pink or white peonies will add texture to your arrangements. Consider pairing light peonies with an additional accent color like yellow or red.
3. Rustic Barn – Rustic barn decor is all about lots of earth tones and texture. Mixing pines and other foliage with textured flowers is a great way to play up this effect. Peonies are very soft and delicate so using light colors like white or light pink intermixed with ferns and berries can create an interesting look.
4. Black Tie – Black tie weddings are focused on elegance. White peonies with smooth, dark green leaves can help create that clean, classic, and sophisticated look.
5. Shabby Chic – Shabby chic decor is all about color and texture. Any color peony works magically with a shabby chic look. Combine white, light pink, and magenta bulbs of different stages (some closed, some opened) for a natural look.